Join one of the largest, independently owned fire protection companies in the United States!
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. operates nationwide with regional offices that span coast to coast. We provide opportunities to work in a growing, family owned business with a focus on teamwork and quality. We are also proud to offer our employees a wide array of competitive benefits which include:
- Healthcare Coverage (employer paid premiums)
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Coverage
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Savings Account
- General Motors Supplier Discount
- Chrysler Affiliate Rewards
- Enterprise Rental Car Discount
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is an AA/EOE Company. Equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, arrest record or disability, is a fundamental company policy. EOE is a legal, social and economical necessity for the company. Equal opportunity will affect all employee practices including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation benefits, layoff and termination.
If you’re interested in a position with us, please complete our employment application and mail it to:
Wolverine Fire Protection Co.
PO Box 219
Mt. Morris, MI 48458-0219
or e-mail to: email@example.com
Fire Protection Engineer
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time, licensed, Fire Protection Engineer for its Home Office in Mt. Morris, Michigan. Candidates will provide engineering and design for both new and remodeled design/build projects in a variety of markets including both the commercial and industrial sectors and collaborate with current design team.
- Determine design criteria for various design/build and plan/spec projects
- Assist Design Team utilizing AutoSprink software
- Mentor/train existing design team
- Interface with clients and other construction professionals
- Coordinate with project managers and field personnel to effectively implement company procedures
Experience with BIM Coordination and ability to coordinate, plan, and supervise
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CAD and Revit design software and the ability to do hydraulic calculations required.
- Ability to coordinate plans and specifications with field installers to clarify and incorporate required changes.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable NFPA standards, UFC 3-600-01 (8/2016, Change 5, 9/24/20)
- Proficient in AutoSprink, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Minimum of 5 years of fire protection design experience
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass background check
- Current P.E. license
Project/Sales Manager - California
Summary of Position: Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time Project/Sales Manager for their Costa Mesa, CA location. Project Manager would be responsible for the successful execution of construction/installation projects while ensuring that his/her projects are completed in a safe, cost effective, and high quality manner.
- Identify and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients, general contractors, subcontractors and other teaming partners
- Read, comprehend and implement project drawings and specifications
- Estimating, bid and proposal preparation
- Prepare project documentation, including work plans, status reports, etc
- Prepare and track project schedules and submittals
- Selection and management of subcontractors and material vendors
- Direct and coordinate project teams, including field and office staff
- Track costs and preparation of project cost reports
- Management of change orders
- Assist in business development/sales activities as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects/conflicting deadlines
- Construction management background strongly preferred.
Competitive salary, 401k, and benefit package available.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Fire Alarm System Designer
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. has an immediate opening for a full time Fire Alarm System Designer in our Mt. Morris, MI office. The primary responsibility of this person is to provide AutoCAD based fire alarm design. The ideal candidate will have an understating NFPA Code, fire alarm system requirements, basic knowledge of AutoCAD, will be self-motivated and possess good communication and organization skills.
If you are a fire alarm technician looking to move into a more regular routine in an office environment we will be willing to train the right candidate.
- Perform computer assisted drafting and design to support engineering services
- Assist in development, documentation and communication of best practices of CADD technologies, including model sharing and coordination with other disciplines
- Manage the initial set up of models to comply with office standards and best practices
- Manage CADD standards, content libraries and templates
- Engage with project teams to strategize, employ and maintain an effective CADD strategy for project deliverables
- Assist in performing field visits required to support design
- Organize and assist maintaining project CADD records
- Performing Quality Control and Quality Assurance reviews of drawings
Competitive salary, 401k, and benefits package available.
Email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Fire Protection System Designer
Summary of Position:
Fire Protection Sprinkler Systems design for both new design/build and remodel projects, monitor progress, evaluate quality of design and take necessary action to keep project engineering on schedule.
Effectively manage the design of multiple projects simultaneously. Produce Material cutsheets and equipment lists. Work with project management and field personnel to effectively implement field changes.
MUST have fire protection system design background with a minimum of 5 years of design experience and be on a NICET track. Must have the ability to coordinate, plan and supervise.
Must be a self-directed independent worker that is also an innovative thinker. Knowledge of and proficiency with CAD design software and the ability to do hydraulic calculations required.
Must have the ability to coordinate plans and specifications with field installers to clarify and incorporate required changes. Must have detailed knowledge of fire suppression design, construction aspects, and project controls. Technical training and/or experience in the areas of fire sprinkler system design and specialty applications.