Join one of the largest, independently owned fire protection companies in the United States!
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. operates nationwide with regional offices that span coast to coast. We provide opportunities to work in a growing, family owned business with a focus on teamwork and quality. We are also proud to offer our employees a wide array of competitive benefits which include:
- Healthcare Coverage (employer paid premiums)
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Coverage
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Savings Account
- General Motors Supplier Discount
- Chrysler Affiliate Rewards
- Enterprise Rental Car Discount
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is an AA/EOE Company. Equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, arrest record or disability, is a fundamental company policy. EOE is a legal, social and economical necessity for the company. Equal opportunity will affect all employee practices including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation benefits, layoff and termination.
If you’re interested in a position with us, please complete our employment application and mail it to:
Wolverine Fire Protection Co.
PO Box 219
Mt. Morris, MI 48458-0219
or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fabrication Shop Assistant - Conneticut Office
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full-time fabrication shop assistant for our South Windsor Connecticut location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to)
- Familiarize self with all fabrication materials
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to correctly read cut sheets
- Assure that all fabrication meets our standards
- General maintenance of fabrication shop and office building
- Pulling material for job sites/projects
- Inventory/Cleaning/Organization of shop
- Yard Maintenance (Lawn Mowing/Snow Removal)
- Various Deliveries
- Other tasks as assigned by shop manager
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and in an organized fashion
- Must adhere to all safe practices
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of hand/yard tools is required.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to pass a drug test/background/DMV screening.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Fire Protection Engineer - Costa Mesa, California
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time, licensed, Fire Protection Engineer for its California Office. Candidates will provide engineering and design for both new and remodeled design/build projects in a variety of markets including both the commercial and industrial sectors
- Determine design criteria for various design/build and plan/spec projects
- Design complete systems using AutoSprink software
- Coordinate fire protection design with other building trades
- Produce material cutsheets and equipment lists
- Interface with clients and other construction professionals
- Coordinate with project managers and field personnel to effectively implement field changes
- Experience with BIM Coordination and ability to coordinate, plan, and supervise.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CAD and Revit design software and the ability to do hydraulic calculations required.
- Ability to coordinate plans and specifications with field installers to clarify and incorporate required changes.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable NFPA standards
- Proficient in AutoSprink, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Minimum of 5 years of fire protection design experience
- Valid drivers license
- NICET Certification or P.E. license
Fire Protection Engineer
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time, licensed, Fire Protection Engineer for its Michigan Office. Candidates must have excellent technical skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a proficiency in CADD – including BIM.
Candidates will provide engineering and design for both new and remodeled design/build projects in a variety of markets including commercial, industrial, and power. Candidates will be expected to design and coordinate plans and specifications with internal teams and field installers to clarify and incorporate changes as needed. Candidates should have detailed knowledge of working fire protection systems including; Wet, Dry, Foam, Deluge, Pre-Action, Standpipe, Fire Hydrants and Fire Pumps. Fire alarm system knowledge a plus.
Summary of Position: Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time Project Manager for their Mt. Morris, MI location. Project Manager would be responsible for the successful execution of construction/installation projects while ensuring that his/her projects are completed in a safe, cost effective, and high quality manner.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers, management and field staff
- Read, comprehend and implement project drawings and specifications
- Estimating, bid and proposal preparation
- Prepare project documentation, including work plans, status reports, etc
- Prepare and track project schedules and submittals
- Selection and management of subcontractors and material vendors
- Direct and coordinate project teams, including field and office staff
- track costs and preparation of project cost reports
- Management of change orders
- Assist in business development activities as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects/conflicting deadlines
- Construction management background strongly preferred.
Competitive salary, 401k, and benefit package available.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Fire Alarm System Designer
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. has an immediate opening for a full time Fire Alarm System Designer in our Mt. Morris, MI office. The primary responsibility of this person is to provide AutoCAD based fire alarm design. The ideal candidate will have an understating NFPA Code, fire alarm system requirements, basic knowledge of AutoCAD, will be self-motivated and possess good communication and organization skills.
If you are a fire alarm technician looking to move into a more regular routine in an office environment we will be willing to train the right candidate.
- Perform computer assisted drafting and design to support engineering services
- Assist in development, documentation and communication of best practices of CADD technologies, including model sharing and coordination with other disciplines
- Manage the initial set up of models to comply with office standards and best practices
- Manage CADD standards, content libraries and templates
- Engage with project teams to strategize, employ and maintain an effective CADD strategy for project deliverables
- Assist in performing field visits required to support design
- Organize and assist maintaining project CADD records
- Performing Quality Control and Quality Assurance reviews of drawings
Competitive salary, 401k, and benefits package available.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Fire Protection System Designer
Summary of Position:
Fire Protection Sprinkler Systems design for both new design/build and remodel projects, monitor progress, evaluate quality of design and take necessary action to keep project engineering on schedule.
Effectively manage the design of multiple projects simultaneously. Produce Material cutsheets and equipment lists. Work with project management and field personnel to effectively implement field changes.
MUST have fire protection system design background with a minimum of 5 years of design experience and be on a NICET track. Must have the ability to coordinate, plan and supervise.
Must be a self-directed independent worker that is also an innovative thinker. Knowledge of and proficiency with CAD design software and the ability to do hydraulic calculations required.
Must have the ability to coordinate plans and specifications with field installers to clarify and incorporate required changes. Must have detailed knowledge of fire suppression design, construction aspects, and project controls. Technical training and/or experience in the areas of fire sprinkler system design and specialty applications.