Join one of the largest, independently owned fire protection companies in the United States!
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. operates nationwide with regional offices that span coast to coast. We provide opportunities to work in a growing, family owned business with a focus on teamwork and quality. We are also proud to offer our employees a wide array of competitive benefits which include:
- Healthcare Coverage (employer paid premiums)
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Coverage
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Savings Account
- General Motors Supplier Discount
- Chrysler Affiliate Rewards
- Enterprise Rental Car Discount
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is an AA/EOE Company. Equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, arrest record or disability, is a fundamental company policy. EOE is a legal, social and economical necessity for the company. Equal opportunity will affect all employee practices including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation benefits, layoff and termination.
If you’re interested in a position with us, please complete our employment application and mail it to:
Wolverine Fire Protection Co.
PO Box 219
Mt. Morris, MI 48458-0219
or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Protection Engineer - Kennedy Space Center, FL
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time, Fire Protection Engineer for a 1–2-year assignment at Kennedy Space Center, FL. Candidates must have excellent technical skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a proficiency in CADD. Ideal candidates would have experience with federal assignments including aerospace design.
Candidates will be expected to assist with design and coordination of plans and specifications with internal teams and field installers to clarify and incorporate changes as needed. Candidates should have detailed knowledge of working fire protection systems including Wet, Dry, Foam, Deluge, Special Hazard, Pre-Action, Standpipes, and Fire Pumps.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kennedy Space Center, FL
Assignment Duration: 1-2 years (beginning Oct 2021)
Fabrication Shop Assistant - Connecticut Office
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full-time fabrication shop assistant for our South Windsor Connecticut location. Primary Duties and Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Familiarize self with all fabrication materials
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to correctly read cut sheets
- Assure that all fabrication meets our standards
- General maintenance of fabrication shop and office building
- Pulling material for job sites/projects
- Inventory/Cleaning/Organization of shop
- Yard Maintenance (Lawn Mowing/Snow Removal)
- Various Deliveries
- Other tasks as assigned by shop manager
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and in an organized fashion
- Must adhere to all safe practices
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of hand/yard tools is required.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to pass a drug test/background/DMV screening.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Fire Alarm Technician - Connecticut Office
Perform inspection, testing, service, and installation of Life Safety systems, including Fire Alarm,
Security, Access Control and Fire Suppression systems.
- Perform fire alarm/special hazard inspections.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete installation of fire alarm/special hazard detection and control systems and associated wiring per NFPA guidelines and customer requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting on all aspects of fire alarm systems including panels, wiring, and devices.
Fire Alarm, Low Voltage/Electrical Experience Required
NICET certification in Fire Alarm/Special Hazards a plus.
Ability to work cooperatively with employees at all levels of the organization.
Ability to be prompt and courteous when interacting with co-workers and customers.
Working knowledge of applicable NFPA guidelines
High School Diploma
Ability to Pass Background Check and Drug Screening
L-6 License Preferred
Fire Protection Engineer - Michigan
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time, licensed, Fire Protection Engineer for its Home Office in Mt. Morris, Michigan. Candidates will provide engineering and design for both new and remodeled design/build projects in a variety of markets including both the commercial and industrial sectors and collaborate with current design team.
- Determine design criteria for various design/build and plan/spec projects
- Assist Design Team utilizing AutoSprink software
- Mentor/train existing design team
- Interface with clients and other construction professionals
- Coordinate with project managers and field personnel to effectively implement company procedures
Experience with BIM Coordination and ability to coordinate, plan, and supervise
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CAD and Revit design software and the ability to do hydraulic calculations required.
- Ability to coordinate plans and specifications with field installers to clarify and incorporate required changes.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable NFPA standards, UFC 3-600-01 (8/2016, Change 5, 9/24/20)
- Proficient in AutoSprink, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Minimum of 5 years of fire protection design experience
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass background check
- Current P.E. license
As our operations continue to grow, we’re looking for experienced construction superintendents to oversee installations of fire alarm and sprinkler systems throughout the United States.
Candidates must have:
- At least 5 Years of related construction experience
- Pass or the ability to take/pass USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors Course (CQM) prior to being on site
- Current OSHA-30 Training
- Familiarity with EM385-1-1
- Ability to pass background check/drug screening
- Ability and desire to travel throughout the United States
- Experience performing typical site safety requirements including holding safety meetings, inspections, enforcing safety plans, reporting, etc.
Project/Sales Manager - California
Summary of Position: Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time Project/Sales Manager for their Costa Mesa, CA location. Project Manager would be responsible for the successful execution of construction/installation projects while ensuring that his/her projects are completed in a safe, cost effective, and high quality manner.
- Identify and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients, general contractors, subcontractors and other teaming partners
- Read, comprehend and implement project drawings and specifications
- Estimating, bid and proposal preparation
- Prepare project documentation, including work plans, status reports, etc
- Prepare and track project schedules and submittals
- Selection and management of subcontractors and material vendors
- Direct and coordinate project teams, including field and office staff
- Track costs and preparation of project cost reports
- Management of change orders
- Assist in business development/sales activities as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects/conflicting deadlines
- Construction management background strongly preferred.
Competitive salary, 401k, and benefit package available.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Wolverine Fire Protection is currently looking for a full time site safety and health officer in the Richmond, Virginia area for a 1 year+ project assignment for a federal client. Applicants must have completed/been assigned to 3 projects within the last 7 years where they acted in a Site Safety Officer capacity and are able to carry out typical assignments related to construction site safety including; inspections, surveillance, safety enforcement, training, reporting, implementing safety plans/practices, etc. Experience related to Fire Protection/Fire Alarms a plus. Applicants should be familiar with EM385-1-1, and have OSHA 30 certification. Applicants must also be able to pass a background check/drug screening.
This position will begin in Mid September 2021, with our current contract ending 09/2022 (contract extension is possible)
Quality Control Manager (QCM)
Wolverine Fire Protection is currently looking for a full time, on-site Quality Control Manager who will be responsible for the onsite control of Wolverine Fire Protection’s project specific quality program. The QCM will be responsible for completing daily quality reports, conducting inspections, conducting preparatory, Initial, and follow-up meetings for all major features of work, and to prepare deficiency reports and ensure all deficiencies are corrected. Requirements: Applicant must be a graduate with a 4 year degree in engineering, architecture, or project management program with a minimum of 7 years of experience in Fire Protection, Quality Assurance and/or Construction.
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug screening. Applicants must also complete (or have completed) the USACE CQM Training.
This position will begin in Mid September 2021 and will last until at least through September 2022 (contract extension may be possible)